Home Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experiences! Meet The Teacher Classroom Tour Contact Me Image Map

















Sunday, March 24, 2013

Calendars, Photos, and a Spring FREEBIE!

Happy Spring to you!  There is still snow on the ground here in Wisconsin, but it is (slowly) melting away.  Hopefully the sun is shining and the birds are chirping by you!
 
So I have some photos to share with you that show the calendars my First Graders created the last couple of months.  If you would like to read more about how we use calendars for learning in our classroom and where I get my ideas, please click HERE!
 
FEBRUARY
 

Here is an example of the artwork on the front of our calendars for the month of February.  The kids LOVED picking out scrapbook paper for the heart!
 
 
This is how we glue the writing / illustration and calendar on the inside of the construction paper.
 
 
Here is a close-up shot of my example writing and illustration.
 
 
This is a close-up of my example calendar.  We always highlight birthdays, special days at our schooll, and holidays.
 
 
Oops...looks like my kiddo on the left folded down one too many fingers, LOL!
 
 
No surprise that the ladies in this group chose PINK!
 
 
Here is a shot of my second group of First Grade students with their calendars.
 

"In February, we can give a flower to our girlfriends."  (Haha!  Yes, I did say this is First Grade.)
 
 
"In February, we can invite our friends."
 
 
"In February, we can give chocolate hearts to our moms and dads."

 
 
Of course, my kiddos were asked to present their hard work in the "Share Chair."
 
MARCH
 
 
 
The students had 3 choices for their March artwork:  the Easter basket...
 


 
...the baby bird, or...
 
 
...the kite.
 
 
"What can we do this month?"
 
 
"In March, we can go to a friend's house."
 
 
Mrs. Unger's example:  "In March, we can find Easter eggs and baskets."  My students thought it was HILARIOUS that I colored my baby in the basket.  :)
 
 
And now on to your FREEBIE!  I whipped these up this morning and I am in love! 
 
Differentiated Roll, Add, and Read Spring Sight Word Sentences...how fun!  There are printables that are appropriate for ELL students as well as kiddos who are at the following reading levels:  Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, and 2nd Grade.
 
 
Here is how we use this type of activity in my classroom:
 
1) I assign each student a partner, depending on their reading levels.
2) The students take turns rolling two dice, adding the numbers together, coloring in the box with the correct sum, and then reading the corresponding sentence.
3) I give the students a little treat the first time they fill in boxes 3 in a row.
 
If you want to snag this FREEBIE for your students, please vist my TPT Store by clicking HERE!  I would love for you to leave a comment on my blog or at my store, if you do like this FREE product.  Comments brighten my day for sure!  :)
 
Well, my little man and I are going to spend some time together, so I am off.  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and thank you for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

  1. I really like that baby bird. Great calendar ideas! Thanks!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I checked out your blog...cute! I am now a follower. :)

      Delete

Comments make my day!