Home Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experiences! Meet The Teacher Classroom Tour Contact Me Image Map

















Thursday, July 3, 2014

Workin' On It Wednesday!

I am joining the party, Workin' On It Wednesday, provided by the lovely hostesses at Kinder Gals (which, by the way, was one of the very first blogs I fell in love with when I first discovered this oh-so-wonderful world of teacher blogs).


If I were to really explain to you EVERYTHING that I have been working on, you would fall asleep - seriously...boring stuff:  Staff Routines and Procedures Manual, Staff Handbook, Family Handbook, schedules, parent letters, lists galore...you get the picture.  I feel so privileged to be on a leadership team that is opening a new school, but let me tell you:  It is a tremendous amount of work!!

So let me move on to something slightly more interesting.  I found a great article from Edutopia this morning titled, "5 Ways to Make the Most of Your Non-Teaching Time" and it totally inspired me to create a plan for my non-teaching time, similar to what is described in the article.  Here is what I came up with so far:


Are you able to read that?  I know it is a small font (the font has to be small when you have a ba-zillion things to do and you have to squeeze it all, right!?)  Do you have any suggestions on what I should add?  Is there something obvious that I might be overlooking?  I have been out of the homeroom for two years, so I would not be surprised.  Obviously, there are going to be SO many other things that come up that I will have to deal with, but I wanted to stick to regularly occurring tasks on this plan.

By the way, I would be happy to share this document with you, if you would like it - though it is nothing fancy or special.  Just leave your e-mail address in a comment and I will shoot it your way.  As always, thanks for stopping by!  :)

P.S. - If you are a Morning Meeting classroom, be sure to check back in the next few days as I will have an amazing freebie to share with you!

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea! I usually make my lists of things to remember on sticky notes, lol. I would love a copy of your finished product (xosharonxo@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! I also usually use sticky notes, but what a waste, right!? Time to try something new. I am thinking I will laminate this plan and use a vis a vis marker or dry eraser maker to check items off as I complete them. I would not call the product finished yet, but I will definitely e-mail you what I have so far. :)

      Delete

Comments make my day!