Home Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experiences! Meet The Teacher Classroom Tour Contact Me Image Map

















Saturday, February 27, 2016

Growth Mindset in Action, Linky Party, and Freebie!

Okay, here is a "sharing" blog post for you!


In our first grade classroom, we have focused a lot of our character education time on growth mindset.  I had previously read (on other teacher blogs) that the book, Rosie Revere, Engineer, is great for reinforcing the idea of growth mindset...and boy, were those teachers right!


I wanted to do more than just read and discuss this fabulous book, so I went on a Teachers Pay Teachers hunt and found a fabulous product created by Kirsten Tulsian.  All the activities align nicely with the book.

I created a simple packet cover to stick on the front of the activity sheets because I really wanted the focus to remain on GROWTH MINDSET.  Whenever we come back to this project, it is a reminder to open up the discussion and/or reflection in a way that focuses on how we are keeping a growth mindset throughout the process.  You can pick it up for free by visiting my TPT store.

My favorite part about Kirsten's product is that she includes two S.T.E.M. activities.  Instead of picking one or the other, I gave my students a container with all of the gadgets and gizmos (just like Rosie in the book) for both of the S.T.E.M. projects and instead of specifying a certain product, I just told them their task was to make something that "goes in the air" (again, just like Rosie in the book).

Here are some "in action" photos of my students hard at work.  Just look at that partner collaboration!  :)








Do you have neat ideas for teaching the idea of growth mindset in your classroom?  I would love to hear them!

As a matter of fact, if you have ANY great ideas to share, I would love to hear those, too!  Please consider joining my linky party.


You can read specific details here if you wish, but the general idea behind the linky party is that we share great teaching ideas.  You can include any of the linky party images in your blog post.




Feel free to grab the linky party button below and...


...link up right below!

As always, thanks for stopping by!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!