Home Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experiences! Meet The Teacher Classroom Tour Contact Me Image Map

















Monday, June 3, 2013

A Quick Update Regarding My Freebies

This is the first time I have ever written a blog post at school!  But this one is quick and important....

I just received an e-mail from "Teachers Pay Teachers" regarding copyright issues.  I find it so unfortunate that teachers cannot create and share extension activities that can be used after reading certain books to their classes.  Here is my thought:  If I share a document that peaks the interest of other teachers, they are more likely to either BUY the book themselves or request that their school library BUYS the book!!  So wouldn't others be happy about our free advertising?  Do you agree?  Or is there something I am overlooking here?  If so, please fill me in!

Grr - Okay, I am stepping off my soapbox.

Anyway, what you need to know:  I did go ahead and completely delete a few of my freebies from "Teachers Pay Teachers."  So if you find dead links, I do apologize for that.  Fortunately, there were only a few of my documents at risk.

Okay, that's it!  I hope you're enjoying your Monday!  (I am guessing many of you are on summer break right now?  LUCKY YOU!  Enjoy!)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amber,
    It is my understanding that we can write study guides or packets that relate to children's books without it being a copyright issue. I'm worried now about some of my products. Can you share more details?
    Fern
    www.FernSmithsClassroomIdeas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Fern,
      You know, I didn't originally read the attachment in the e-mail from TPT (partly because I was at work and didn't have time and partly because I was irritated), but I read it just now. The problem was that I used the bucket image from Carol McCloud's book. As long as you're not using images from the books, I am sure your study guides and packets are just fine. I apologize if I caused you an unneccesary scare!
      ~ Amber

      Delete

Comments make my day!