Home Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experiences! Meet The Teacher Classroom Tour Contact Me Image Map

















Monday, July 1, 2013

Quick Tip for Teachers of the Little Ones!

Have you ever watched the television show called "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" on PBS?  It is by far my FAVORITE children's cartoon!  (As a mommy who is on summer break, I have been watching my fair share of PBS.)  Every episode is brief and teaches an important lesson.  Then, the characters sing a little diddy or chant throughout the episode that reinforces the lesson.  They sing it over and over and it just gets stuck in your head!
 
 
In my favorite episode, the characters learn that it is important to STOP and go potty, even when you are doing something fun.  In my years of Kindergarten, there were numerous incidents when the children had accidents in their pants, just because they did not want to stop playing and learning!  LOL  Now, that made me feel good as their teacher, but if I can avoid just one of those accidents, I'll definitely sing a little diddy to remind them the importance of stopping to go potty!  This is how it goes:
 
"If you have to go potty stop and go right away.
Flush, then wash, then be on your way!"
 
That's it!  Easy peasy, lemon squeezey!  I have high hopes of getting back into Kindergarten one of these years and I know I will be using this cute little song.  If you want to hear how the tune actually goes in the episode, you can watch this video.  The quality is not the best, but you'll get the idea.
 
Do you have any tips or tricks when it comes to managing the potty situation in your pre-school or primary classroom?
 
Thanks for stopping by!  :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!