Home Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experiences! Meet The Teacher Classroom Tour Contact Me Image Map

















Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday Made-It


It actually shocks me that this is the first time (this summer) I am linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics.  Normally summer break is my time to get crafty, but I suppose it makes sense because I am changing school districts...new curriculum to plan for, new classroom to set up, etc.  Baby steps.



I whipped up this take-home books check-out system one night.  I am happy with the way that it turned out, except for the fact that the glue caused the pockets to bubble up a bit.  Oh well!  I decided to number them (vs. writing my students' names), so I don't have to change it each summer.  Previously, as a Kindergarten teacher, I insisted on using the students' names on everything (since they are usually still learning to write and recognize their names).  Going forward as a first grade teacher, I will be using numbers as often as possible to save time and energy!



These clipboards were a project last summer, but...


...I found two more in my garage that I apparently never finished last summer.  So I broke out the spray paint and mod podge again to bring this project to a close.  Just when I thought I was done, I found two more clipboards in my new classroom when I was unpacking boxes.  *sigh*



I found these wooden strips with clips in the Dollar Spot at Target (a.k.a. Teacher Heaven).  I wasn't sure what I was going to use them for, but I bought them anyway.


Then when I was giving them a cutesy touch at home, I came up with a great idea!  I am going to use them to hang my visual cue cards when I am giving directions.  (If you are not sure what I'm talking about, you can check out Teachers Pay Teachers, as many wonderful educators share them for free there.  Alessia Albanese is one example.)



I made a Super Improvers Wall that you can snag for FREE at my Teachers Pay Teachers store.




My scissors, laminator, and I have been seeing a lot of each other this summer.  A huge "Thank you!" goes out to my mom for helping me cut the last of my cardstock yesterday!  Well, the last of it for now anyway.

Alright, now I'm off to go make one of my most favorite dishes, Ensalada de Patatas - a recipe I stole from my host "mom" in Spain, hehe.  :)  Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. So many people grab great stuff at the Target Dollar Spot! I need to get over there more often. I seem to always hit it when everything is gone...
    Kim
    iTeachSTEM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! Yeah, this is the time of the year when the really good stuff comes out. If I were you, I'd go at least once a week to check out the goods! ;)

      Delete
  2. My laminator and scissors have seen a lot of each other lately as well! It can be so time consuming, but it sure is worth it in the end! Looks like you've made lots of fun things!! Enjoy the last weeks of summer!!
    Sarah
    Teacher Mom of 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Yes, time consuming indeed. I went to my parents' house yesterday to celebrate my dad's birthday, but my mom and I spent most of the time cutting cardstock! But, like you said, it is worth it as it lasts longer. You enjoy summer as well! :) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Where's the link for how you made your checkout system? I'm possibly interested in trying this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! I'm glad you like the checkout system. I don't have a link. I just bought some foam posterboard from the Dollar Tree and some cute library pockets from Joann Fabrics and I glued the pockets to the posterboard. I then used number stickers to number the pockets. I used washi tape to add color. You could whip it up quickly, it was easy!

      Delete
  4. I love the wooden strips with clips on them! What a great way to hang up stuff in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sammie - go check out your Target! Maybe you can find some, too. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Wow! You have been busy! I really like that strip with clips.

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!