Home Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experiences! Meet The Teacher Classroom Tour Contact Me Image Map

















Sunday, March 18, 2012

Anchor Charts Linky Party and a FREEBIE!

I am joining the awesome intermediate crowd over at Ladybug's Teacher Files - which, by the way, is my new favorite blog HANDS DOWN!  If you have not yet explored Kristen's blog, take some time to do it.  Here is my warning to you though:  You will not be able to stop stalking her!  When I first discovered her blog recently, I spent an entire morning and afternoon exploring what she had to share...AHHHH-MAZING!


I will be honest:  I do not have any photos of anchor charts to share.  I am not even teaching Third Grade until July.  So why am I joining the Linky Party, you ask?  Well, I do have something to share that is related to anchor charts and I think you all will like it!  I created a binder cover (as well as a side panel label) for an Anchor Chart Binder.


"Are you stuck?  Well, you're in luck!  Anchor Charts can be used when you're confused."

You can snag this FREEBIE at my Teachers Pay Teachers store by clicking HERE!

If you are unfamiliar with Anchor Chart Binders, here is the basic concept:  When your classroom becomes overcrowded with anchor charts, you take a picture of them, put them away for next year (or give them to your students to take home), then you print the photos and organize them in a binder that your students can refer back to when they need help with a particular concept.

Side note:  Nancy, over at Teaching My Friends, has shared an awesome post about why and how she utilizes an Anchor Chart Binder in her classroom.  Head over to her blog to read all about it!  Be sure to pick up a copy of the FREEBIE that she shares:  an index page for your Anchor Chart Binder!!  She also includes some helpful photos, like the one below, that help you understand what an Anchor Chart Binder can look like.  Thanks, Nancy!!


Oh, by the way, if you are a primary teacher, there is another Anchor Chart Linky Party for you going on over at Ms. M's Blog.  Head over there to join the fun!


Hmmmm, I guess that is it for now.  Thanks for stopping by!  :)





5 comments:

  1. Hi Amber! I love all your ideas-thanks for sharing! You're obviously a great kindergarten teacher and I know you'll be great in 3rd also. My friend and I recently started a blog. I teach K and have been following you! But, she teaches 3rd-so maybe some of her ideas will help you out for next year. Stop on by when you get a chance for some of her ideas. Thanks again, and all the best in your new adventure! The REAL Teachers of Orange County

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to LOVE the 3rd grade!! Stop by and say hi sometime! I have taught 3rd for the past two years and 4th for the four years before that. (that was a lot of 4s hehe!) I just found out I'm probably looping with my class to 4th but he promised I get to come back to the 3rd the following year. I LOVE 3rd. The age group rocks! Good luck!
    Julie

    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out and linking up!

    Ms. M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amber, I am so glad to meet you and follow your blog!! Thank you SO much for the kind words about my blog, they mean so much to me! And thanks for linking up. Your cover is adorable and perfect. Thanks again!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time visiting you! I am your newest follower!! I have been looking for a fun linky party, so thanks for sharing! I would love for you to visit me sometime! :)

    Michelle

    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!