Home Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experiences! Meet The Teacher Classroom Tour Contact Me Image Map

















Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Back to School Planning - Say What!? (Oh, and a FREEBIE!)

It is true:  I have been spending my spring break lesson planning for the first week of the 2012 - 2013 school year!  I have good reason - I work at a year-round school and our school year starts at the beginning of July and I will be on maternity leave during that first month of school.  Another reason - I am changing grade levels (Kindergarten to 3rd grade) and since I have never been an intermediate teacher before, I figure I better start wrapping my head around all of this before this baby pops out!

Anyway, I have been learning a lot about third grade from some amazing teacher bloggers and Pinterest addicts recently.  Focus Walls, Book Clubs, it is all so exciting!  I do love, love, LOVE Kindergarten and always will, but I am super stoked about this grade level change, since intermediate kids are at a much higher ability level than our little Kinders.  During my "research," I found this fun back-to-school writing activity:



This little gift comes from Becky at Dots-n-Spots.  Stop by her blog to grab her freebie and give your thanks!  (By the way... if this one does not work for your kiddos, there are lots of awesome teachers on Pinterest and blogs who have shared their time capsule printables.  Just do a little searching and I am certain you can find one that works for your age level.)

Brooke, over at Primary Perspective, created a super cute Time Capsule.



I tried my best to make a time capsule as cute as hers!



 
I also made a blank template version of this printable to share with you.  If you would like to grab your own copy of this FREEBIE, click HERE!


By the way... if you know of any great blogs that are Third Grade specific, please refer me to them!  I have a lot to learn and not much time to do it.  As always, thank you for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. 3rd Grade Gridiron, Adventures of a 3rd Grade Teacher...actually, TBA has a section just for 3rd Grade blogs if you scroll down (81 of them!):

    http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/2011/04/3rd-grade-blogs.html

    Hope that helps :)


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back to school????? Say it isn't so! :)

    Michelle
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!