Home Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experiences! Meet The Teacher Classroom Tour Contact Me Image Map

















Saturday, July 30, 2011

Big Book Storage

Do you have an overwhelming amount of Big Books in your classroom and not enough space to store them?  Well, here is an idea that will keep your Big Books organized and within easy access for your students.  I purchased this rolling rack for clothes at Target (I want to say it was $10 or $20, but it was so worth it).  I also purchased clothes hangers with clips.  I prefer the kind that have rubber on the clips, since those grip the Big Books better.  Anyway, I put the rolling rack together as normal, but I did not include the top poles.  I have also seen teachers use tall laundry baskets.  I bet those work well, too.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I have been looking for a way to store my big books, can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I'm glad you can use this idea! One more suggestion, based on what I have learned after years of using this thing: Try not to pack too many books on there (like I did in the picture). It is way to difficult for the kids to navigate through the books and some will fall off their clips. But if you keep less books on the rack, say half of what I have displayed, it works like a charm! Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

      Delete

Comments make my day!