Home Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experiences! Meet The Teacher Classroom Tour Contact Me Image Map

















Sunday, August 28, 2011

I Spy Readers FREEBIE!

Mrs. Bell over at A Place Called Kindergarten really had her thinking cap on when she thought of this idea!  We all know how important it is to get students excited about reading before we teach them to read.  It is a critical engagement strategy if we want our students to become successful and motivated readers.  Well, Mrs. Bell and her class made "I Spy Readers" magnifying glasses and then walked around their school to look for readers.  Best of all, Mrs. Bell shares her magnifying glass pattern.  Click HERE to get her freebie!  

I plan to use this idea in my own classroom after a read aloud.  I am thinking we might read a book from one of my favorite authors, Todd Parr.  It's called Reading Makes You Feel Good.



Another book popped into my mind that might work well for this activity.  It is a Reading Rainbow book called Read Anything Good Lately?


Thank you to Mrs. Bell for sharing her neat idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!