Home Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experiences! Meet The Teacher Classroom Tour Contact Me Image Map

















Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mrs. Unger...is that REAL?!?

This past winter, my dear husband dragged himself to the Scholastic Warehouse Book Fair in Milwaukee with me - have I ever mentioned how sweet my husband is?  ;)  Anyway, it was my/our first time there and it was AWESOME!  (Well, I thought it was a great time...not so sure about my hubby.)  Books, books, and more books at pretty inexpensive prices.  Believe it or not though, my favorite purchase that day was not a book.  It was a cash register that I bought for $5.00!!  The Scholastic people had just updated their system, so they were selling all of their old cash registers...and believe me, there were plenty to choose from.  I knew I had to have one, especially for that price!


Pretty neat, huh?!  Originally I thought I would only break this bad boy out after my students learned about money, but then I thought, that's silly!  So I stuck it in our housekeeping area.  The kiddos LOVE it!  They always ask, "Mrs. Unger...is that REAL!?"  Haha, yes, it is.  And then the next question usually is:  "Do WE get to use it?"  You betcha!

Who knows if Scholastic is still selling these guys, but I have to imagine you might be able to find one with some creative searching...perhaps Goodwill?  Good luck on your hunt!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!