Home Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experiences! Meet The Teacher Classroom Tour Contact Me Image Map

















Monday, October 19, 2015

Caring, Sharing, and Preparing: Advice from Amber

Holy guacamole!  I actually did it!  I posted two weeks in a row with a blogging idea that I had (to post a weekly teacher tip).  Go me.  Hehehe.  Now let's see if I can go for three weeks...

So here is my quick tip:  When your students have birthdays, recognize them "publicly" by placing some sort of sign in the hallway for all to see.  (Not going to lie - I stole borrowed this idea from one of my fabulous first grade teammates, but this is my rendition of it - see below.)


I used a memo board that I already had, stuck some birthday trim around the edge, displayed the birthday printables that I use for Open House photos, and then placed the memo board on a stepping stool.  When my birthday kiddos approach our classroom door, they are greeted with this.  How is that for CARING!?  :)

In addition, my students get a birthday card, "balloon," book, treasure chest toy, toothbrush (I know...random...I found them on clearance in the Dollar Spot at Target), sticker for their shirt, and a crown to wear on their heads.  I also offer the birthday vest that they can borrow for the day and I take their picture holding a toy birthday cake.  Their pictures get posted on our (private / closed) Facebook page for our parents  and family members to see.

What do YOU do to honor your students on their birthdays?  I would love for you to share your ideas in the comments section below!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!